Ponds & Golf Courses
Control algae without the use of chemicals
- Scientifically proven technology: The products are developed in collaboration with several renowned universities and research institutes.
- Effective treatment to control algae: The LG Sonic system eliminates up to 90% of the current algae and prevents the growth of new algae.
- Chemical-free: Reduce expensive and environmentally unfriendly chemicals.
- Environmentally friendly: Safe solution for fish, plants, zooplankton, and insects which has been tested by various universities and research institutes.
- Chameleon Technology™: change the ultrasonic program according the water conditions, type of algae, and type application.
- Improve the water quality: Make the water look more appealing.
- Reduce maintenance and labor costs: Prevent clogging of filters, drip installation, and nozzles.
Using scientifically proven frequencies selectively, LG Sonic targets green and (toxic) blue-green algae. Ultrasound from the right frequency creates a sound barrier in the top layer of the water, reflecting on objects with a different density then water. This affects the buoyancy of many types of algae and prevents algae from floating up to the surface. Read more about the impact of ultrasound on algae.
Cut down chemicals
Chemical based herbicides and algaecides can be substituted by the LG Sonic technology. Together with a low power consumption, maintenance is reduced to minimum as the equipment can incorporate an automatic Aquawiper™ that will clean the ultrasonic transmitter surface.
Case-studies: Ponds & Golf Courses
In July 2011, the golf course pond at the Lethbridge country club was treated with the LG Sonic e-line. Not only was the water surface covered by mats of filamentous algae, the rocks within the pond were also covered with algae. The pond dimensions were 81m x 25m, and so the LG Sonic e-line XL plus was used. The results: During the 2 month trial, the filamentous algae on the water surface decreased by 90%. (*Some areas in the water that where shaded from the ultrasound still had a slight accumulation of filamentous algae).
If you need help abating harmful algal blooms without the use of chemicals, the LG Sonic alternative offers the best solution for algae control. The scientifically proven advanced technology has been developed in collaboration with several renowned universities and research institutes. Control algae in your farm dam or pond reservoir by use of intelligent ‘Chameleon Technology’™. With up to 12 pre-installed programs, it means you can change the ultrasonic frequency to target the algae type within your water body.
Depending on the length of the water surface we offer different variations of our products. The table below indicates which product should be applied for an effective treatment.
- Length of the Water Surface
- up to 200 meter (394-656ft)
- 201-500 meter (>656-1640ft)
- Related products
- LG Sonic e-line XXL
- 2x LG Sonic e-line XXL
The LG Sonic e-line has a range up to 200 meters and can be installed in the pond itself. Depending on the size and shape of the pond, one or several devices can be used to cover the complete water surface. The device can be connected with a cable to a power outlet or can work autonomously on a solar-powered system.
The LG Sonic e-basic and LG Sonic e-line have a range up to 200 meters and can be installed in the pond itself. The device can be connected with a cable to a power outlet or can work autonomously on a solar-powered system. The flexible arm is designed to make the installation of LG Sonic products easier. The arm can be adjusted to fit every application and can be extended up to 20 meters. The flexi-arm has the range to move up and down with the water level and can be connected to the shore.